This was a weekend of exciting firsts for Miller. On Friday after work, we went to the GCC pool. This was our first time to go this season. Miller was already used to swimming, since we had just been to the beach and he had swam in my parents' pool. He was so excited to see all of his other friends swimming too. The only thing different about this pool, was that it had a diving board! Once Miller found out what it was, he had to jump. Casey and I were a little nervous about this (me more so than him), but we decided not to share those feelings with Miller and let him jump.
 |
| First time jumping off of a diving board....He LOVED it! |
On Saturday, my mom and I went to a wedding in Birmingham, and Casey and Miller stayed home and did yard work. Pam's, a long time friend of my mom, daughter, Katie, was getting married and we couldn't miss it! Katie looked beautiful, and the wedding a reception were perfect! My planner, Neillie Butler, also planned Katie's. I was so excited to see all of Neillie's wonderful ideas put to work. Mom and I didn't stay long because all of the boys were at home. It was so nice to spend some alone time with Mom. We used to shop and do little fun things together all the time, and now it seems we never get to have just girls time.
On Sunday, we missed church because we had so much packing and laundry to catch up on since we were out of town the previous weekend. We got up early and got so much accomplished. We need more weekends at home....Sunday afternoon we were back to the GCC pool for more swimming and jumping. Miller jumped of the diving board over and over again. I am so excited that he loves the water and is not afraid. This may be a little ambitious of me, but I am thinking by the end of the summer he may be able to swim more without his shark float.
After the pool, we went by my parents' house. Casey has been dying to take Miller for a ride on our jet ski this year. I finally gave in (my little boy is growing too fast!) and we loaded up on the jet ski.
 |
| Miller's first time to ride the jet ski....Here we go! |
 |
| On our way out... |
 |
| On our way back in...We moved Miller to the middle because he didn't like the wind in his eyes. He rode the whole way with his hands over his eyes, until we moved him :) |
 |
| This little boy has my heart. |
|
We had a wonderful weekend of firsts! We are so excited about Miller's life. I know that sounds (or reads) silly, but that is really the only way we can put it into words. Sometimes Casey and I just talk about different scenarios that may possibly happen in his life. We laugh about the different ways we will react...mostly Casey just laughs at me because he knows I'll be crying!
No comments:
Post a Comment