Friday, July 1, 2011

129

See sweet Bella sitting in the window?

Yesterday was our last day at 129. 129 was my first house. Sure, I lived in a dorm, an apartment and a really nice house in Auburn, but 129 was mine. With a little help from my Dad and Uncle Craig, I designed everything myself-colors, floors, layout, everything. Miller and I moved in 129 on October 9, 2009. I had his first birthday party there the very next day on October 10. Miller loved 129. He had complete free reign in the backyard. I had windows placed so I could see every point of the backyard from everywhere in the house. We had 2 family Christmases, celebrated birthdays, celebrated new jobs, new friends, new school, graduating from college-everything in 129. Last year 129 was nominated for the Gadsden Beautification Award and won 2nd place. This year we were nominated again, and won 1st place! (Casey says it's all because of my yard man...which would be him, ha!)  Casey and I were talking Wednesday night, and I got a little teary (of course) realizing that that was our last night in my house. Casey reminded me that this was MY house, and that our new house (308) was OUR house. He reminded me that we will be doing everything together. Nothing will be your house, my house, your stuff, my stuff- it will all be ours. He reminded me of all the new memories we will make TOGETHER in the new house. And he is so right. I am so excited about this new step for our family, but I can't help but have a few bittersweet feelings.
We knew when we got engaged that we would need a larger house to grow our family. We looked at several houses, did a lot of talking and praying, and decided that 308 would be the perfect house for us. We finally agreed on a price with the previous owners. We were so excited! We had a home inspection done, and realized that it was not exactly what we were hoping for. At the point, we decided to step back from the situation, and take our time in finding a house. Not a week later, a friend of ours called and asked if he could come look at my house. We said sure. Not thinking anything would really come of it. Well that night they let us know they wanted the house- and they needed us to be out in 2 weeks. We were a little hesitant, but knew that with today's market we better accept. So we did. Casey and I decided that with the sale of my house, we could rethink 308 and handle some large items that needed to be taken care of from the home inspection. We informed the owners that we were ready. So we planned, packed and slowly started the moving process. We closed on our new house on Wednesday, June 15 2011! On Thursday, we got a call from the people buying my house. They were letting us know that things were not going to work out with the bank on their side. Me, Casey and my parents were not happy to say the least. We stopped packing, planning and moving. That Thursday and Friday seemed like they lasted an entire month rather than 48 hours. Word spread that my house was back on the market (well not the actual market, but available again). We had several calls and showed it to a couple on Sunday. On Monday, we got a call from a realtor that she had a prospective client who is very interested in my house. Long story short, they bought our house on Thursday the 23rd and we had to be out on Thursday the 30th.
I was able to get off work early yesterday and the day before to pack and move, thank goodness! Yesterday we started moving around 2p.m. and finished at 2 a.m....We are completely exhausted! If it weren't for my sweet parents, my wonderful Aunt Becky, our sweet friend Ann and our other friends Amy and Jared, we could not have done it. My parents have been such troopers. Not only were they there all day yesterday and this morning till 2 a.m., but my mom was back at our apartment at 8 this morning so Miller could sleep late while we went to work. 
We have been telling Miller that we were moving. And explaining to him why we were packing, but as any 2 yr old- he just doesn't get it. This morning I asked him what he wanted to do today and he told me he wanted to go home and ride his gator. That just broke my heart! I know he will adjust just fine, but it bothers me that he doesn't understand.
So now, we are semi-unpacking and organizing and getting ready for a long weekend! Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment