We finally got our Christmas decorations up around the second week in December. I usually like to have all of my decorations out the day after Thanksgiving (if we are in town), but this year with the move I was a little off of my schedule. But I am very pleased to say that we are finally settled in our new home! So as if moving wasn't hard enough, I had to also locate all of our Christmas decorations. We did not decorate as much as we would have liked, but I still had fun putting up our tree....which I did not take a picture of this year (gasp!). Needless to say, this whole moving thing has definitely thrown us for a loop.
So, I did get our tree up, my aunt gave us a beautiful live wreath that she found in Homewood for our unfinished front door, we hung our stockings with care, our neighbors gave us a gorgeous poinsettia, I got out all of my M. Bagwell Christmas dishes and did plenty of Christmas baking.
Last year I was prepared to put a gate around my Christmas tree because I just knew a 2 year old boy would love nothing more than to chunk my Christopher Radko ornaments across my living room, but I was wrong. Last year, Miller showed no interest in touching the tree. But this year...I guess since I wanted to include him in some of the decorating, he took it upon himself to "redecorate" all season long. I would notice that around the middle-bottom of our tree looked a little bare, so I took a closer look and saw that he had chosen a new spot for his favorite ornaments. We would have Aubie and the eagle together on one branch. On another we would have two Bella ornaments together, and so on. I was smart enough to put most of the pricier ornaments closer to the top. And I did tell him to please not touch the ornaments once we found the perfect spot, but it was just too cute. He thought he was helping!
I also got most of out 2011 Christmas cards out this week. I just love our Arden wedding photos so much so I knew I wanted to use them on our card. I had so much fun making our first family Christmas card!

No comments:
Post a Comment