Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Very Thankful

This Thanksgiving was so busy for us. Since Casey and I are both very close to our families, we had to go to both houses on Thursday.
We started our day by Miller joining us in our bed and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My dad and I always watched the parade together, so I want to continue this tradition on with my family. Miller loved the parade. His favorite floats were Mickey and Buzz. After the parade, we rushed to get ready to make it to Casey's parents house.
Jada always cooks a feast, and every year we say we will eat light since we have to go to see my family and every year we eat until we are stuffed! This year I brought a yummy hash brown casserole that I found on Pinterest. I only took three pictures on my camera this Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law always gets the cute family picture of all 14 of us. I have got to do better!






That afternoon we headed to see my family. Every year, my family joins the Abels to celebrate at their house. We always have a blast! David and Julie are so sweet to include my family in their celebration. I enjoy seeing all the members of the Abel family just as much as I do mine. To the Abels I took another yummy (and cute!) recipe that I found on Pinterest....What would we do without it now? It was also a hit, but it was funny because so many people just wanted to look at it and take pictures and as time passed, the crackers started to get a little soggy! Miller loved the turkey (of course he would not try it), so I am thinking about making it a little tradition for us. I think next year he would really enjoy putting it together.
Gobble Gobble!
We ended up heading home around 8:30. What a long and fun filled day! By the time we got Miller to bed and sat down for a minute, I jumped up and said "Casey, it is 10 p.m.!" He looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I wanted to go to Wal-Mart. I knew it was crazy too. Before Miller was born my family went to Destin when we were young and when we got older we would spend Thanksgiving in Las Vegas. My experience spending my Black Fridays in the Fashion Show Mall and Caesars Palace did not prepare me for the madness at the Gadsden Wal-Mart. It was completely normal for people to have 2 and 3 buggies. I called Casey and could not help but laugh. I ended up buying 4 things. None of which was on sale.
We had a wonderful family and fun-filled Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays and this year I was so thankful and happy to spend it with my two favorite boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment